Industrial Liaison and Marketing Unit
INDUSTRIAL LIAISON AND MARKETING UNIT
The Industrial Liaison and Marketing Unit was established by the current Principal, John S. Boafo to establish good relationship with industries, garages (informal service workshops) as well as trade associations. Since the mission of the school is to develop middle-level manpower for industries and for self employment, it is in the right direction that the ILM office seeks to establish good rapport with these establishments.
The ILM unit is made up of 17 members. It includes 14 teachers who are representatives from the various departments, the Fab-Lab manager, the Women In Technical Education [WITED] coordinator and the head of the unit.
DUTIES OF THE UNIT
1. Sensitize JHS students on courses offered in TTI
2. Organize seminars, workshops and conferences for industries and the general public for them to know what goes on in the school and also learn from the industries the kind of product they would want to employ.
3. Organize tracer studies, organize educational visits for teachers and students.
4. Seek for places for teachers and students to go on attachment.
5. Monitor teachers and students who go on attachment.
IMPORTANCE OF THE UNIT TO THE SCHOOL
o The unit helps the school to establish links and good relationship with industrial establishments in and around the metropolis.
o The sensitization work of the unit helps the school to admit more students.
o The unit assists teachers and students to get places to go on attachment.
o It also equips the school with the knowledge on how students who go on attachment perform.
Above all, the unit serves as the Public Relation (PR) unit of the school, because it sells the school to the public and brings information from the public to the school.
MEMBERS THAT CONSTITUTE THE LIAISON TEAM
1. MISS. SARAH WOODE---HEAD OF THE TEAM
2. MRS. ROSE SEY ---SPDO/WITED COORDINATOR
3. MR. ISAAC K.ESSEL ---MECHANICAL
4. MR. THEOPHILUS ARKURST ---ELECTRICAL
5. MR. ANTHONY QUARSHIE ---PLUMBING
6. MR. ISAAC BOABENG --- AUTOMOTIVE
7. MR. JOSEPH AMISSAH ---BLOCKLAYING AND CONCRETING
8. MR. ERNEST AWUKU ---MATHS/SCIENCE
9. MR. FRANCIS TAWIAH ---REF AND AIR CONDITION
10. MR. EMMANUEL AZAASO ---FAB-LAB MANAGER
11 .MR. MICHAEL BUS-MOSES ---ICT
12. MRS. VICTORIA ELLEN TECHIE ---FASHION[HOD]
13. MISS. GIFTY QUARSHIE ---SOCIAL STUDIES
14. MISS. GEORGINA DADSON ---CATERING
15. MR. MARK ESSUMAN ---WELDING